Electrical Project Manager
This position is a key position in achieving a high level of efficiencies in the coordination and execution of electrical projects. This position requires a high level of personal organizational and relationship skills. Supervises all aspects of performance and ensures all work is in compliance with project specifications, the current and adopted NEC and completed within planned time and budget constraints. This is a field position; your office is the job site. Manage By Walking Around (MBWA).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTIBILITIES:
- Supervises and leads Electrical Project Foremen, Lead Electrician, and work crews.
- Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the project.
- Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with Quality Control and Safety procedures, plus all Capital City rules and regulations.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Coordinates with other trades’ Project Managers to ensure the optimum interface of the various operational activities, with the overall objective of successful completion of the project.
- Monitors and tracks daily progress and work completed, comparing planned to actual. Takes appropriate mitigating action to ensure compliance with the plan.
- Reporting: You will be required to forecast your projects in writing.
- Change Order Documentation: Identify, coordinate, plan, execute and close out changes in the work.
- Supervises the preparation of two week and one week look‐ahead plans for the electrical works of the project, in close coordination with construction, planning and other trades.
- Reviews quantities of materials received or used during specified periods, in order to minimize wastage and inefficiency.
- Ensures that the foremen understand and implement the work plan, by explaining and engaging in pro‐ active communication with the crews.
- Identifies and implements “on‐the‐job” training programs with the aim of developing and improving team members’ competency in required skills.
- Complies with the highest level of safety during all stages of project execution to avoid any type of incidents and or accidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Standing – Remaining on one’s feet in an upright position at a work station without moving about, for extended period of time.
- Walking – Moving about on foot.
- Sitting – Remaining in the normal seated position for extended periods.
- Lifting – Raising or lowering an object (~50 – 80 lbs) from one level to another; includes upward pulling.
- Similarly, employees will keep their hair and facial hair groomed to avoid safety hazards; or they will secure their hair to avoid safety hazards.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 60' from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks or other safe work areas.
- Wear personal protective equipment, e.g., hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, masks, and earplugs at all times, and when applicable.
- Candidate must be able to work night shifts and mid shifts, as required by customers.
- Respond to short notice overtime requirements.
REQUIRED SKILL SETS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Ten (10) years’ experience as a commercial/industrial electrician.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent personal organizational & relationship skills.
- Proven track record as an Electrical Projects Foreman.
- Possess a valid Georgia State Master’s License.
SUPPLEMENTAL COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY
- Standard company profit sharing program.
- Field Estimator Program.
- Structured bonuses based on job performance.
Send resume to email@example.com
From a simple service call to complex design-build projects, our goal is to go one step beyond and deliver the most value for your dollar.